Welcome to my blog
I have now been a witch for numerous years, i have always had a fascination for nature as a child.
As i grew up and got older, my curiosity got the better of me, via contacts, i ended up joining a coven. This was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I felt as if my mind was very closed off to the more spiritual side, but I had a good awareness of it regardless, but being a witch was to be something quite different.
I was welcomed to our group, We had a whole thirteen months of training which ended up with myself being initiated in the ways of witchcraft. My origins of the group went right back to the Cotswolds. Now as I am a priestess in the ways, i can teach myself.
There were so many things to learn, such as a very basic form of spell casting to start with, gaining trust with each other, meditation, tarot card reading, learning about Geomancy and how to do it.
We then progressed to indepth spell working at a more powerful level which of course can be very time consuming.. I soon realised that it would be a good idea to use an ephemeris to work out timings for the spell, also using the correct phases of the moon.
Using herbs was fun. I gained much knowledge in this area, finding out about the harmful ones to the non harmful herbs, the magical properties and the links to the planets that is required for using spells.
I also learned about the colour correspondences of the candles, how to make oils, cut herbs at particular phases of the moon. Therefore taking moons phases into account when each spell or action was to be completed by. The meditation under a particular favoured tree would really send my higher self to other places, we all would sit beneath a large holly tree but partially sheltered by it to have the most awe inspiring meditations you could possibly have,
On occasion, it would be great to go into the woods very early morning, watch the mist rise, The evenings were filled with rituals and fun. Sometimes we would light a big fire, go fire leaping then end the night with a little of something strong then go home, what an uplifting experience.
I did keep a book of shadows, this was where all my activities were recorded.
We learned all about the god and the goddess, the elements and the meditations upon them, which the final one was used at my initiation, The final one being on the southern quarter representing the element of fire.
There is so much i could write here, but it has only given you a small glimpse of what was involved.
We were a group based on the side of Alexandrian/Gardnerian side of the craft. I also enjoyed reading the Doreen Valiente books which taught me much also.
I do highly recommend the witches bible.
I am going to stop here as i could write forever on the subject, this is just a slight scratch on the surface of the whole thing. I also became a Reiki practitioner, and have been for several years now.
As i offer spell work for people who want it, just to let you know i use Reiki energy to charge up a spell and give it maximum positivity.
I hope you enjoyed this article
Blessings
Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment